thank you boys
three days
mountain
stop
classic girl
ocean

From Scott--

Janes Addiction-8/16/91.

This was just a great show period. Perry seemed in much better condition than he did when I had seen him four months earlier. The whole band seemed relieved that it was almost over and they played A LOT more loose and spontaneously. Perry never stopped moving around and bantering and seemed genuinly interested in what the audience was doing. He seemed to be watching us as much as wer were watching him. (And of course he had two beautiful girls in white dresses on a swing making out during "Ted Just Admit it", as I'm sure he did at the other Lolla shows. The whole stage was set up with flowering trees and statues and there were also two human "marionettes". It was an eclectic show and one I will never forget.

Lollapalooza FROM THE WASHINTON POST 8/18/91.

Considering the number of acts, the marathon concert ran surprisingly smoothly and right on time. Jane's Adiction closed the proceedings with its fluid meld of smart metal and postmodern angst. Farrell can't decide whether to rock hard or rock art, so he does both, giving songs like "Summertime Rolls", "Been Caught Stealing" and "Three Days" a tense elasticity whether they race along or merely canter. Farrell's a kinetic showman who'd like to be a shamen- his between-song patter sounds like what Bob Dylan might say if he talked. Very interesting and spontaneous like the music itself.

BACK TO THE LIST