08-17-91 Raleigh, NC, Walnut Creek Amphitheater

Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 12:31:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Entry into your Live Jane Shows
To: defgav@yahoo.com

It was Aug. 17,1991 and we drove north from Charlotte Nc, to Raleigh NC to witness Jane's Addictionat the very first Lollapalooza. first time i saw NIN too.They started with Up the Beach..this was after Perry shaved off his dreads. He came out in a white wife beater and gripping a bottle of wine. Between sets he rambled. He asked..."Soooo North Carolina, have you guys abolished slavery yet? Where im from we're all color blind." Between another set he talked about the hurricane we had and said it would be perfect for surfing. And in between another song, i remember this vividly, he put his pinky finger in ther air and said.."does anyone know what this is??"and he waited," This is Jesse Helms dick!" he then laughed some of the audience boooed, and the Perry replied, "and thats when its hard!" That was around the time when the Ritual album cover was censored with a white album. Jesse Helms was the Senator of Nc at the time and was behind the censoring of the Ritual album cover. I belive they did an encore.This was a awesome show for a kid like me to see in the south.
Thanks ,BEN

BACK TO THE LIST